Current Career Opportunities
Current Job Vacancies
Job Vacancies are available only to individuals who have eligibility based on either:
- Successful completion of a competitive State civil service examination; or
- Current employment with the State of California in a class which is comparable under transfer rules; or
- Previous employment with the State of California in a class that is comparable under reinstatement rules.
For more information about applying for jobs, visit Getting a State Job.
To apply for positions or examinations listed below:
- Ensure you meet the minimum qualifications.
- Submit a completed Examination/Employment Application (STD. 678) to the Department via US mail, e-mail, or fax.
California Department of Aging
Attention: Human Resources Section
1300 National Drive, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 95834
Continuous Open Exams - examinations open to all candidates who meet the minimum qualifications. Applications are accepted on a continuous basis.
- Aging Programs Analyst II (Continuous Testing)
- Public Health Nutrition Consultant II (Continuous Testing)
Departmental Promotional Exams - competition is limited to current California Department of Aging employees or candidates covered under Government Code 18990, 18992, or 18991.
- Staff Services Analyst Transfer Exam (Continuous Testing)